Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My 1st Day at DMAE

" Oh, Wow you talk like a white girl"


I clearly remember the morning half of my first day of DMAE. I woke up eager and ready to start a new school, in a new environment, and meet new people. I got up that morning bright and early showered and proceeded to get dressed, i wore: Black air forces, jeans, a black t-shirt, a nike sweater and a blue sling jansport backpack. My hair was in box braids and neatly put up into a ponytail. I came down stairs and my mother took pictures of my first day of High school.
I walked to school that day....I made it to the front entrance where everyone was standing and talking and laughing....and i knew NO ONE! i remember standing behind a group of girls ( Kenya Dorean and Patrice) and saying wow....at least they have friends....honestly i was intimidated.

" You're from where!?...You're not from Englewood"

The only person I knew in the whole school was also an incoming freshmen named Arielle Davis, I have heard of Therese from friends in Bergenfield, but didn't know her well enough to start interesting conversation. I met Patrice when I was younger but she didn't really remember me....I met Rachel about a year or two before high school so i felt comfortable talking to her....and Arabelle i heard her name before at the library because she took out the book i needed for summer reading...otherwise i knew no one, i was sooo scared i was going to be a loner. oo and i knew jacquetta...sorta kinda.....she's family ...sorta kinda lol =]

" Oh, you live in Bergenfield, right!?"

Loner I was not thanks to Lindsay and Brielle who i met at softball practice over the summer. Lindsay had went to the middle school and was able to introduce me to everyone else from englewood. But besides that....Ms. Axelrod homeroom 408...i came in and the first people i remember seeing were Erik Garcia, Therese Dompor, and Jaclyn Flores i started convo with Jaclyn very quickly. After homeroom let out my mind got foggy, but i can surely guess i was confused i never had a locker before....haha someone actually had to teach me how to open the pad lock.

" IF THEIR NOT MY FRIENDS I'M GOING TO HATE HIGH SCHOOL!!!!"

The next and probably the last thing i could remember is lunch! Every single last freshmen had lunch together....i never in my life had to worry about where to sit...but i did now. I think i bought my lunch with me that day...and it's a good thing i did the line were looong as hell! But anyways i sat with Arielle, Lindsay, Brielle, Asahi, and ummm some other people but i can't really remember who. I remeber looking to the center of the lunch room and seeing Louis, Patrice, Rachel, Arabelle, Dorean, Sinachi, Kenya etc... and saying i have to be friends with them...they were so live soo loud....so fun! and well what do you know, I'm friends with them now....excuse me we're family!

No comments:

Post a Comment